The BudgetCashFlow calculator empowers you to dynamically estimate your household's (positive or negative) cash flow. Now updated for 2019! I retained the 2017 Federal Tax law so you can quickly see if the new law helps or hurts you, and by how much.
BudgetCashFlow is really two tools integrated together:
- A detailed budget planning tool -- to allow you to estimate and plan your household yearly, monthly, or weekly discretionary expenses.
- A detailed income tool with *dynamic* Federal and State income tax estimators. As you make more money (positive cash flow) you will be taxed more (negative cash flow). This automatic (yet complex) relationship is handled with ease inside BudgetCashFlow.
Such a tool will allow you to:
- Estimate the impact of a major increase in household income. For example, if I got that second job what would be our Net income growth after paying taxes (Fed and State) and additional expenses such as child care?
- Estimate the impact of a major decrease in household income. For example, what can we afford if I lose my job? Can I retire and still keep a positive or neutral cash flow?
- Calculate how much additional expense you can take on and still have a positive or neutral cash flow.
- Play "What if?" scenarios to zero your Net Cash Flow by adjusting investments in a wide variety of plans such as 401(k), IRA or other saving plans. How much tuition can we afford for our child heading off to University?
BudgetCashFlow v2018 is written for Microsoft Excel at version 2010, but should work for other versions. It can also be imported into Google Docs Sheets so the entire family, farm, or business can make updates and share the estimates of cash flow in one place.